While participating in swim lessons or programs held by All Knox Swim, consistent with CDC guidelines, participants are encouraged to practice hand hygiene, “social distancing” and wear face coverings (when applicable) to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, All Knox Swim has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, All Knox Swim cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in All Knox Swim lessons or programs, or other face to face activities. By attending an All Knox Swim lesson or activity, you certify that you and/or your child/children do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
2. Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID- 19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
Participants, parents of participants, and volunteers agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact email@example.com or 901-292-5359 if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in an All Knox Swim lesson or activity.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. I acknowledge that I, my minor children listed in my account upon creation, and any minors that I add to my account after the initial account creation have willingly engaged in All Knox Swim lessons and/or activities.
2. I know that participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
3. I knowingly and freely allow myself, my minor children listed in my account upon creation, and any minors that I add to my account after the initial account creation to participate regardless of such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of All Knox Swim, and it’s agents, instructors, employees, and any other related party.
4. On my, my minor children listed in my account upon creation, and any minors that I add to my account after the initial account creation behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless All Knox Swim, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating the activities relating to COVID-19.
5. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of All Knox Swim, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any All Knox Swim program.
I have read and I understand this document. I understand and agree that it is binding on me, my minor children listed in my account upon creation, and any minors that I add to my account after the initial account creation, our heirs, assigns and personal representatives. I acknowledge that I am eighteen (18) years old or more and that I am the parent or guardian of the child/children listed in my account.
I hereby warrant that I am eighteen (18) years old or more and competent to contract in my own name. This release is binding on me and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives.