Got questions? Look here!
Can’t find your answer? Email, call, or text us!
- If you cancel more than 21 days before your lesson- 100% refund or can reschedule if available
- If All Knox Swim cancels more than 1/3 of the lesson for any reason (ex. pool closure)- 100% refund or makeup offered if available
- If the student is sick, has a family emergency, or is injured- 50% refund, no makeup offered
- Any other reason (ex. sporting event, family vacation, work schedule changed)- no refund or makeup offered
- If you do not receive a reminder email and you do not attend your lessons- no refund or makeup offered
- Ages 1 and 2- An adult must get in the water with the child for levels 1 and 2. An adult must be prepared to get in with the child the first day and until the instructor says the adult is no longer needed in the water. If the adult does not get in, the lessons will be cancelled. - no refund or make up offered
- Age 3- The instructor may deem it necessary for an adult to get in with the child. If this happens, an adult must get in for subsequent lessons until the instructor says the adult is no longer needed in the water. If the adult does not get in, the lessons will be cancelled- no refund or make-up offered
We charge $40 for each 15 min private lesson (Ages 1-11, optional for Ages 12+)and $80 for each 30 min private lesson (Ages 12+ only). We do often run package deals, so keep an eye out!
We start teaching students at age 1 all the way through adult at all levels. Most 1 and 2 year-olds and some 3 year-olds need a parent in the water with them.
We teach at host pools. A host pool is a residential, HOA, or community pool that has agreed to let us use their pool.
Fill out our form to let us know that you are interested! Click HERE to go to the form. Host pools can be residential, HOA, or community pools.
Yes. Some adults and kids are never scared of the water and others are terrified. With experience and practice, students build confidence and overcome their fears. The length of time it takes students to overcome their fears varies, but many students overcome their fears within 3-5 lessons. We want to build a trusting relationship with you, so if there is something you think that could help you or your child, let us know! We are very flexible.
Yes. We have taught swim lessons to many people with disabilities. It is something we love to do! We feel very passionately that everyone should have quality swim lessons and the chance to enjoy the water.
That is a very broad question and depends on the student's age, previous experience, how quickly they learn, and what exactly you mean by “learn to swim.” We encourage all level 1 and 2 to do at least 8-10 lessons. Most students make significant progress in 4-5 lessons, but exactly how much depends on the student. Few students can swim independently at age 2, many students can swim independently at age 3, and most students can swim independently at age 4.
Yes. Swim Instructors have their First Aid, CPR, and AED for infants, children, and adults certification and Lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross.
Our teaching philosophy is your teaching philosophy! We only provide private lessons so we can best match how you want us to teach. During the registration process, we ask you how much you would like us to "push" your students. We have our limits and never push kids into what we call "terror zone". We keep students in their "growth zone" without going into the "terror zone" so we avoid a traumatic experience.