Got questions? Look here!
Can’t find your answer? Email, call, or text us!
– We offer a 3 lesson guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason after your first, second, or third lesson, let us know! We will refund your first, second, and third lessons as well as refund and cancel your future lessons.
– You may cancel for a full refund or reschedule your lesson if it is 2 weeks before your lesson.
– If All Knox Swim cancels more than 1/3 of the lesson for any reason (ex. pool closure), your lesson will be rescheduled within 30 days of the original lesson date. If there is no availability, you will receive a full refund.
– Many swim schools over no refunds, no matter the reason. However, we offer 50% store credit only if the student is sick, injured, or has a family emergency and it is less than 2 weeks before your lesson. The store credit can be used for future lessons, gift cards, and other merchandise available at our store. The store credit expires 1 year from the original lesson date. We do not offer refunds or make-up lessons for sporting events, family vacations, work schedule changes, not receiving reminder emails, or any other similar reason.
– Ages 1 and 2: An adult must get in the water with the child for Level 1 and Level 2. An adult must be prepared to get in with the child the first day and until the instructor says the adult is no longer needed in the water. If the adult does not get in, the lessons will be cancelled and no refund or make-up will be given.
– Age 3: The instructor may deem it necessary for an adult to get in with the child. If this happens, an adult must get in for subsequent lessons until the instructor says the adult is no longer needed in the water. If the adult does not get in, the lessons will be cancelled and no refund or make-up will be given.
We start teaching students at age 1 all the way through adult at all levels.
If you child is under 3 years old, we require that you get into the water until they can make independent forward progress on their own (Level 3). It is much more enjoyable for everyone when the parents are right there. The kids love to swim to a familiar adult!
We teach at host pools. A host pool is a residential, HOA, or community pool that has agreed to let us use their pool. You can learn more about hosting lessons and fill out our interest form.
Yes. Some adults and kids are never scared of the water and others are terrified. We can’t convince everyone swimming is super fun (we all have different interests), but we can help overcome fears. The length of time it takes students to overcome their fears varies, but many students overcome their fears within 3-5 lessons. We want to build a trusting relationship with you, so if there is something you think that could help you or your child, let us know! We are very flexible.
That is a very broad question and depends on the student’s age, previous experience, how quickly they learn, and what exactly you mean by “learn to swim.”
We encourage beginner students to do at least 15 lessons and intermediate students to do at least 10 lessons. Most students make significant progress in 4-5 lessons, but exactly how much depends on the student. Few students can swim independently at age 2, many students can swim independently at age 3, and most students can swim independently at age 4 and older.
For a more thorough overview of how many lessons to book, go to your account under Lesson Recommendations.
We do not keep a waitlist. However, you can check the booking platform anytime for open lessons. You can also join the cancellation email list by filling out the form at the bottom of the page or fill out our contact form. Then you will never miss a last minute opening!
All Knox Swim uses what we call the “family oriented model”. We know that you know your child better than anyone, so we invite your input before, during, and after lessons. Our goal is to teach your child in the style you think is best. Additionally, parents stay in the pool area during the entire lesson, infants’ and toddlers’ parents are in the pool with them, and private lessons allow personalized instruction. We teach water safety through role-playing with parents and siblings.
You can get an overview of our philosophy on our Pricing and Info page.